There are many studies on cancer and its causes. The disease is often found to be related to the lifestyle of people. You may want to know what to do to prevent this cancer. Find out some tips suggested by health professionals below:
1.Do not smoke
Using cigarettes or tobacco puts you at risk for cancer. Smoking is considered to be the cause of many types of cancer, including: cancer of the lungs, mouth, throat, pancreas, bladder, cervix and kidneys. Avoiding smoking or deciding to quit smoking is an important way to prevent cancer. If you need help to quitting smoking, ask your doctor about smoking cessation products and other strategies for quitting.
2. Eat a healthy diet
Although choosing a healthy diet does not guarantee cancer prevention, it can reduce your risk. Try to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, avoid being overweight or obese, eat meat and alcohol in moderation.
3. Maintain healthy weight and be physically active
Maintaining a healthy weight can reduce the risk of various cancers, including breast, prostate, lung, colon and kidney cancers. Physical activity also contributes. In addition to help you manage your weight; physical activity can also reduce your risk of breast and colon cancer.
4. Protect yourself from the sun
Skin cancer is one of the most common cancers that can be prevented. Try some ways:
• Avoid direct sunlight at noon: Stay away from direct sunlight between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun is strongest.
• Stay in the shade: When you are outside, stay in the shade as much as possible.
• Cover sun-affected areas: Wear clothing that covers your skin as close as possible.
• Do not skip sunscreen: Use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, even in the afternoon.
5. Get vaccinated
Prevention of cancer can be done by immunizations such as: hepatitis B and cervical cancer vaccines.
6. Avoid risky behaviors
Another effective way to prevent cancer is to avoid risky behaviors that can lead to cancer. Example: Practice safe sex and do not share needles or needles.
7. Regular health care
Regular check-ups can avoid various types of cancer, such as skin, colon, cervical and breast cancers, which can increase the chances of early detection of cancer with successful treatment.