Water is very important for people. The human body is supported by up to 65% water for the body to function in balance.
How much water should each person drink per day?
The amount of water consumed varies according to the size of the individual, the climate of the area in which they live, or the type of work. According to a study by the US National Institutes of Science, individuals need an average of 15 glasses (about 3.5 liters) of water per day for men and 11 glasses (about 2.5 liters) for women. In terms of weight, good water intake for adults weighing between 50-90 kg should drink 2.5 to 3 liters per day. Drinking enough water for adults under 50kg should be 1.5 to 2 liters per day. Children should drink between half a liter to a liter of water a day. In case of high weight children can drink between 2 to 2.5 liters of water.
How can drinking enough water regularly benefit our health?
Here are the benefits of drinking enough water:
- Acts as a lubricant of the joints will make the joints work better
- It plays a large part in the formation of saliva and mucus, which plays an important role in helping digestion and moisturizing the mouth, nose, eyes, prevent some bumps, clean the teeth and prevent tooth decay
- Plays an important role in the distribution of oxygen (O2) to the body
- Enhances and keeps skin healthy and beautiful
- An important protective layer of the brain, spinal cord and tissues
- Adjust body temperature (not too hot, not too cold)
- Plays an important role in the digestive system, which promotes good digestion, prevents constipation, does not increase stomach acid, because the increase in stomach acid promotes heartburn, heartburn or stomach ulcers
- Help in cleansing the body’s daily waste through the process of sweating, urination and defecation
- Maintain a balanced blood pressure
- Plays an important role in the respiratory tract, helps to moisturize the breath
- Participate in the production of minerals and other nutrients of the human body
- Prevent kidney damage and improve kidney function
- Increase and improve the functioning of the body in various exercises
- Helps to lose weight
- Reduces excessive alcohol or alcohol consumption
Article by: Dr.Bin Kakada and Dr.Oam Navuddh